By Dan O'Brien
The e-book is split into 5 elements. half I discusses the idea that of information and distinguishes among sorts of wisdom. half II surveys the assets of information, contemplating either a priori and a posteriori wisdom. elements III and IV offer an in-depth dialogue of justification and scepticism. the ultimate a part of the ebook examines our alleged wisdom of the prior, different minds, morality and God.
In this widely revised moment version there are extended sections on epistemic good fortune, social epistemology and contextualism, and there are new sections at the modern debates about the lottery paradox, pragmatic encroachment, peer confrontation, protection, sensitivity and advantage epistemology.
Engaging examples are used in the course of the ebook, many taken from literature and the cinema. advanced concerns, reminiscent of these about the inner most language argument, non-conceptual content material, and the recent riddle of induction, are defined in a transparent and available approach. This textbook is a useful consultant to modern epistemology.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to the Theory of Knowledge PDF
Similar epistemology books
Creativity, Psychology, and the heritage of technological know-how deals for the 1st time a finished evaluation of the oeuvre of Howard E. Gruber, who's famous for his contributions either to the psychology of creativity and to the historical past of technological know-how. the current ebook comprises papers from quite a lot of themes.
What's wisdom? How difficult is it for someone to have wisdom? reliable wisdom, undesirable wisdom confronts modern philosophical makes an attempt to reply to these vintage questions, providing a concept of data that's detailed in conceiving of information in a non-absolutist way.
From our views on TSK sequence, this comprises Tarthang Tulku's Geographies of Knowledge.
This sequence offers brief, obtainable and energetic advent to the key colleges, events and traditions in philosophy and the background of principles because the starting of the Enlightenment. All books within the sequence are written for undergraduates assembly the topic for the 1st time. Hermeneutics issues itself with the speculation of realizing and the translation of language.
- Zeitbindung in Natur, Kultur und Geist (Anthroposophie und Naturwissenschaft) (German Edition)
- Truth Matters: Knowledge, Politics, Ethics, Religion
- Versprochene Freiheit (Theologische Bibliothek Töpelmann) (German Edition)
- Epistemology and Biblical Theology: From the Pentateuch to Mark’s Gospel (Routledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Biblical Criticism)
- Emergence or Reduction? (Grundlagen der Kommunikation und Kognition / Foundations of Communication and Cognition)
- Hegel und Foucault: Die Geschichtlichkeit des Wissens als Entwicklung und Transformation (Hegel-Jahrbuch Sonderband) (German Edition)
Extra info for An Introduction to the Theory of Knowledge
An Introduction to the Theory of Knowledge by Dan O'Brien