By Brian S. Everitt
A Whistle-Stop travel of Statistics introduces simple likelihood and facts via bite-size assurance of key themes. A overview relief and learn consultant for undergraduate scholars, it provides descriptions of key thoughts from chance and data in self-contained sections.
- Presents an obtainable connection with the foremost ideas in chance and statistics
- Introduces each one idea via bite-size descriptions and provides attention-grabbing real-world examples
- Includes plenty of diagrams and graphs to elucidate and illustrate topics
- Provides a concise precis of ten significant components of facts together with survival research and the research of longitudinal info
Written by means of Brian S, Everitt, the writer of over 60 statistical texts, the e-book exhibits how records might be utilized within the actual international, with attention-grabbing examples and lots of diagrams and graphs to demonstrate options.
Read or Download A Whistle-Stop Tour of Statistics PDF
Best probability & statistics books
'I be aware of it truly is trivial, yet i've got forgotten why'. it is a a little exaggerated characterization of the unlucky perspective of many mathematicians towards the encircling global. the purpose of departure of this ebook is the other. This textbook at the concept of likelihood is geared toward graduate scholars, with the ideology that instead of being a merely mathematical self-discipline, chance idea is an intimate spouse of records.
Age-Period-Cohort research: New versions, equipment, and Empirical functions is predicated on a decade of the authors’ collaborative paintings in age-period-cohort (APC) research. inside a unmarried, constant HAPC-GLMM statistical modeling framework, the authors synthesize APC versions and techniques for 3 examine designs: age-by-time interval tables of inhabitants charges or proportions, repeated cross-section pattern surveys, and speeded up longitudinal panel reviews.
The booklet offers an in depth creation to queueing versions pushed by means of Lévy-processes in addition to a scientific account of the literature on Lévy-driven queues. the target is to make the reader acquainted with the extensive set of probabilistic concepts which were constructed during the last many years, together with transform-based options, martingales, rate-conservation arguments, change-of-measure, significance sampling, and big deviations.
A good query to invite of an suggest of subjective Bayesianism (which the writer is) is "how could you version uncertainty? " during this ebook, the writer writes approximately how he has performed it utilizing actual difficulties from the earlier, and gives extra reviews in regards to the context within which he was once working.
- Computational Pharmacokinetics (Chapman & Hall/CRC Biostatistics Series)
- Markets in Higher Education: Rhetoric or Reality? (Higher Education Dynamics)
- Dictionary of Mathematical Geosciences: With Historical Notes
- An R Companion to Applied Regression
- Stock Market Volatility
- Non-Linear Time Series Models in Empirical Finance
Extra info for A Whistle-Stop Tour of Statistics
A Whistle-Stop Tour of Statistics by Brian S. Everitt