By Axel Gelfert
Covering current literature and significant debates, A serious creation to Testimony discusses the epistemic prestige of testimony-based ideals, relates adjustments to correct advancements in different parts and provides a serious viewpoint on present and destiny examine tendencies. Devoting house to either the purposes of social epistemology and the bigger conceptual problems with wisdom, Gelfert not just introduces the epistemology of testimony; he deals an updated creation to epistemology. outfitted with a mixture of research questions, examples, and proposals for additional studying, scholars of latest epistemology will locate this a competent consultant to learning testimony as a resource of knowledge.
Read or Download A Critical Introduction to Testimony (Bloomsbury Critical Introductions to Contemporary Epistemology) PDF
Similar epistemology books
Creativity, Psychology, and the historical past of technological know-how deals for the 1st time a complete evaluate of the oeuvre of Howard E. Gruber, who's famous for his contributions either to the psychology of creativity and to the historical past of technological know-how. the current e-book contains papers from a variety of subject matters.
What's wisdom? How challenging is it for someone to have wisdom? solid wisdom, undesirable wisdom confronts modern philosophical makes an attempt to respond to these vintage questions, delivering a thought of data that's specified in conceiving of information in a non-absolutist way.
From our views on TSK sequence, this contains Tarthang Tulku's Geographies of Knowledge.
This sequence offers brief, available and full of life creation to the most important faculties, routine and traditions in philosophy and the background of rules because the starting of the Enlightenment. All books within the sequence are written for undergraduates assembly the topic for the 1st time. Hermeneutics matters itself with the speculation of realizing and the translation of language.
- The Collected Works of Aron Gurwitsch (1901-1973): Volume III: The Field of Consciousness: Theme, Thematic Field, and Margin: 194 (Phaenomenologica)
- Language after Heidegger (Studies in Continental Thought)
- Grounds for Respect: Particularism, Universalism, and Communal Accountability
- Epistemology: A Contemporary Introduction to the Theory of Knowledge (Routledge Contemporary Introductions to Philosophy)
- Ein vergessener Forschungsstand - Friedrich Adolf Trendelenburg, Hermann Rudolf Lotze, Carl Stumpf und Kurt Lewin: Eine Sichtweise auf die Diskussion zur ... Neoliberalismus (German Edition)
- Phenomenology of Values and Valuing (Contributions To Phenomenology)
Additional resources for A Critical Introduction to Testimony (Bloomsbury Critical Introductions to Contemporary Epistemology)
A Critical Introduction to Testimony (Bloomsbury Critical Introductions to Contemporary Epistemology) by Axel Gelfert